Mars Robot PiCar-B erratically behaviour

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2019-6-26 00:48:16 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello all,
My PiCar-B is now operational, but I get erratically responses most of times when I start the Client.
- Video is streaming perfectly
- camera steering is OK
- Ultrasonic scanning is also showing a consistent response, e.g the distances measured are accurate
- Motor is responding as expected, e.g forward, backward & speed adjustment is all OK.
- Line Follow mode is not yet tested
- Lights ON/OFF is working

However
- when I try to test the 'Stay in distance' my PiCar soemtimes is responding as expected, but suddenly it runs away or ends 'Stay distancce ' mode.
- Speech control is very unstable - most of times it does not understand any command, but sometimes it interpretes all commands as 'forward' or 'right' - I tried toggle 'Voice Input' and Sphinx SR, but did not get any different responses (dont know if Sphinx SR is working or not)
- OpenCV sometimes is detecting a yellow big Object, but does not follow it with either camera or motor.

Has anybody a working more advanced python3 client/server or standalone server program, which I can use to test 'Stay in distance', openCV and/or Speech recognition.

Is anybody experiences the same problems?
Thanks for your comments.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Website Editor

Credits
Post time 2019-6-26 11:10:25 | Show all posts
Lines 39 and 40 of server.py are for the settings of Stay in distance. The default is to detect objects within 2 meters of the ultrasonic sensor. If there is an object, it will keep a distance of 0.4 meters away from the object. And this feature has no steering function by default.
No need to run server.py and run the ultra.py directly. Drop it in //home/pi/ of Raspberry Pi.
The speech recognition function has requirements for distance, and the keyword_entries only includes forward, backward, left, right and stop. If you want to add more functions, you need to change the speech.py specifically.

ultra.py

3.04 KB, Downloads: 127

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-6-29 03:19:32 | Show all posts
1557111628 replied at 2019-6-26 11:10 AM
Lines 39 and 40 of server.py are for the settings of Stay in distance. The default is to detect obje ...

Hello,
thanks for your response.
I do get now better responses from my MarsRobot - had to lower speed_adjustments in line 64 and 65 in server.py in order not to overrun the found target. I think I got now the clue on how to proceed with OpenCV target following.
On the problems with speech recognition, I found the problem is most probable in my python speech reognition installation, as also the PC does not understand relyably.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-6-17 13:43:07 | Show all posts
Hello! I appreciate you sharing this post! Thank you and I hope you can share more in the future. More so, if I may share something as well, I hope you can spare a little of your time checking how to play Cyberika and plants vs zombies 2 app on games.lol. These are my favorite games and I want to share the fun by inviting everyone in here to come and play with me. Just send me a message if you’ll be interested! Have fun and have a great day!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules