Mars Robot PiCar-B erratically behaviour

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2019-6-26 00:48:16 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello all,
My PiCar-B is now operational, but I get erratically responses most of times when I start the Client.
- Video is streaming perfectly
- camera steering is OK
- Ultrasonic scanning is also showing a consistent response, e.g the distances measured are accurate
- Motor is responding as expected, e.g forward, backward & speed adjustment is all OK.
- Line Follow mode is not yet tested
- Lights ON/OFF is working

However
- when I try to test the 'Stay in distance' my PiCar soemtimes is responding as expected, but suddenly it runs away or ends 'Stay distancce ' mode.
- Speech control is very unstable - most of times it does not understand any command, but sometimes it interpretes all commands as 'forward' or 'right' - I tried toggle 'Voice Input' and Sphinx SR, but did not get any different responses (dont know if Sphinx SR is working or not)
- OpenCV sometimes is detecting a yellow big Object, but does not follow it with either camera or motor.

Has anybody a working more advanced python3 client/server or standalone server program, which I can use to test 'Stay in distance', openCV and/or Speech recognition.

Is anybody experiences the same problems?
Thanks for your comments.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Website Editor

Credits
Post time 2019-6-26 11:10:25 | Show all posts
Lines 39 and 40 of server.py are for the settings of Stay in distance. The default is to detect objects within 2 meters of the ultrasonic sensor. If there is an object, it will keep a distance of 0.4 meters away from the object. And this feature has no steering function by default.
No need to run server.py and run the ultra.py directly. Drop it in //home/pi/ of Raspberry Pi.
The speech recognition function has requirements for distance, and the keyword_entries only includes forward, backward, left, right and stop. If you want to add more functions, you need to change the speech.py specifically.

ultra.py

3.04 KB, Downloads: 19

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-6-29 03:19:32 | Show all posts
1557111628 replied at 2019-6-26 11:10 AM
Lines 39 and 40 of server.py are for the settings of Stay in distance. The default is to detect obje ...

Hello,
thanks for your response.
I do get now better responses from my MarsRobot - had to lower speed_adjustments in line 64 and 65 in server.py in order not to overrun the found target. I think I got now the clue on how to proceed with OpenCV target following.
On the problems with speech recognition, I found the problem is most probable in my python speech reognition installation, as also the PC does not understand relyably.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules