View: 1325|Reply: 2

RaspClaws After Install goes into an endless reboot loop

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-10-15 04:56:59 | Show all posts |Read mode
I was pretty excited to receive my RaspClaws Hexapod Spider on 10/12.  That excitement has since faded, since I cannot get past the software install from GitHub.  

The install completes successfully, but goes into a reboot loop that I stop by turning off the raspberry.  The reboot loop happens no matter whether I use Raspbian lite (yep, I figured out what additional installs are required) or Raspbian desktop (full and lite).  I've disabled (renamed) the startup.sh file for the moment, so I can use the Raspberry.

I traced the reboot issue down to something in the server.py and serverTest.py scripts.  Every time I run one of them the raspberry reboots.  I'm not a python programmer (yet), so this is about as far as I can go right now.

I'm running Raspbian Buster (Linux raspberrypi 4.19.75-v7+ #1270 SMP Tue Sep 24 18:45:11 BST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux) on a Raspberry 3 B+.   

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Website Editor

Credits
Post time 2019-10-16 11:51:11 | Show all posts
The robot can be turned on normally,but the Raspberry Pi will automatically restart or shut down after, also because of the problem caused by the 18650 battery.  Please note the   18650 battery specification: It is recommended to use lithium battery above 3000mAh and without overcurrent protection. The power supply current requirement is above 3A. Using 18650 lithium battery with overcurrent protection function, 18650 battery whose capacity is less than 1700mAh, 18650 battery specially for strong-light flashlight, 18650 battery with power shortage or counterfeit lithium battery produced by informal manufacturers will cause the unstable work of the robot,power cut and even damage to the Raspberry Pi and robot.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-6-17 14:02:25 | Show all posts
Well for starters, my son and I have been building the spider over the last couple of weeks. Why so long, different issues mostly related to chores around the house. However, we finally sat down and started to put it together we used on windows. The first thing we noticed is that the screws are not labeled correctly and they aren’t packaged in a way that you would easily identify them. They are packed in even groups but that’s not how you will put them together.

learn more about dragon city

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules