View: 1904|Reply: 12

Camera Movement Issue with Picar-b

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-10-24 05:48:28 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by 1571613804 at 2019-10-24 06:00 AM

My son and I were able to get the car assembled and working.  Everything worked well initially; however, we started running into weird behavior with the camera / head movement when using the Deskop client to move the camera.

1.        When clicking “Home” the camera looks up at the ceiling and to the right versus simply looking level and straight ahead.

2.        Can no longer get the camera to look right.  It will only look left.

3.        Camera looks down when clicking “up”.  This is odd as it also correctly looks down when clicking “down”.  It won’t look “up” at all unless we click “home” which causes it to look up at the ceiling and to the right.

4.        The camera jitters/shakes when moving left.  

I confirmed the servos (a,b,c) are connected to the correct pins on the board.  There also doesn’t seem to be anything physically wrong with the servos.  This is our first robot build and also new to python.  I suspect we can make adjustments in python, but hoping someone here can point us in the right direction.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Website Editor

Credits
Post time 2019-10-25 11:31:56 | Show all posts
Does the servo rotate reversely? If so, please refer to the tutorial https://www.adeept.com/video/detail-48.html
If the rotation is normal, then the structure of the head may be reversed or the rocker arm of the servo may be not adjusted to the middle position. Since the gear of the servo can only be rotated by 180°, the angle of the gear when installing the rocker arm is essential. Please refer to https://www.adeept.com/video/detail-50.html

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-10-25 12:17:06 | Show all posts
The servos aren't rotating in reverse.  When running the client_reverse.py script, it simply inverses the issues.  

The camera looks down without issue.  If we click down, the camera looks down.  However, we we click up, it doesn't look up.

Note:  When powered off, we can manually move the camera all the way up, down, left, and right.  We followed the directions closely for the servos to make sure there was approximate equal range in either direction.  Also note, that the camera motion worked perfect the first time we used the robot; however, since then we started having these issues.  Can't seem to narrow down the cause.   

When trying to use the client, the camera simply won't look right or up when using the corresponding button inputs in the client.  

I will post a video to illustrate.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-13 05:14:11 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Dear all, do You have fix the bug. My problema are That the motor and the servo work in opposite directions When i lunch the command from client.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-13 05:45:11 | Show all posts
are you using the GUI? If so, you probably see that all the controls are backwards? If you click LEFT, wheels move RIGHT, etc...?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-13 05:48:26 | Show all posts
1581533511 replied at 2020-2-13 05:14 AM
Dear all, do You have fix the bug. My problema are That the motor and the servo work in opposite dir ...

are you using the GUI? If so, you probably see that all the controls are backwards? If you click LEFT, wheels move RIGHT, etc...?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-13 07:12:11 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I am using GUI. Yes i confirm That When click per wheels move right... and motore backwards move forwards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-13 07:23:02 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yes i am using the GUI. If i click left move to right, and For motor if i click forward the motor moves to backforwards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-13 07:25:48 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yes i am using the GUI. If i click left move to right and For motors i i click forwards move backwards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-13 07:26:35 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yes i am using the GUI. If i click left move to right and For motors i i click forwards move backwards

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules