View: 1962|Reply: 4

DarkPaw, connection issues.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-19 01:53:39 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

i really hope somebody can help me as I am running out of ideas.
(I apologize for maybe being a bit vague in this post and/or refer to some detail incorrectly, I am at work and don't have access to my files or the robot so I am relying on my terrible memory)

I set up the Raspberry without any issues and assembled the robot.

The problems started when I tried connecting to the robot using the 'Darkpaw.py' control program. I started off with the robot connected to our home wlan network and the robot sitting on a table. It was then impossible for me to establish a stable connection, I got the message that the programm connected but the robot wouldnt respond to commands in the Darkpaw UI.

I then moved the robot to another location and this time I was able to move the robot up/down but when I tried anything else I lost connection and the raspberry restarted.

So then I placed the robot directly infront of our wlan repeater and everything worked fine, I was able to move the robot throughout our entire house. But I don't want the robot connected to our home network so I set up a hotspot on my laptop but even with the robot sitting on the laptop I get the same problem as before. I also get this issue when using the robots own network.

'wpa_supplicant.conf' is set up correctly, including region code.
When I start 'server.py' manually no errors are displayed and it just says 'waiting for connection'
I have tried turning off our home internet/wlan to check if that may have been causing interference.
Connecting to the robot through Putty is fine without any issues whatsoever.

Here is the error I am getting:

Connecting
Connected

(Around 30 seconds between these two)

Exception in thread Thread-4:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File"C:\Users\####\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\threading.py",line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File"C:\Users\####\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\threading.py",line 870, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File"C:\Users\####\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\Adeept_DarkPaw-master\Client\DarkPaw.py",line 272, in connection_thread
    car_info = (tcpClicSock.recv(BUFSIZ)).decode()
TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] Ein Verbindungsversuch istfehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nichtrichtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da derverbundene Host nicht reagiert hat

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Website Editor

Credits
Post time 2019-12-26 14:43:52 | Show all posts
It may be the problem of the batteries.
Please note the 18650 battery specification: It is recommended to use lithium battery above 3000mAh and without overcurrent protection. The power supply current requirement is above 3A. Using 18650 lithium battery with overcurrent protection function, 18650 battery whose capacity is less than 1700mAh, 18650 battery specially for strong-light flashlight, 18650 battery with power shortage or counterfeit lithium battery produced by informal manufacturers will cause the unstable work of the robot,power cut and even damage to the Raspberry Pi and robot.
The robot can be turned on normally,but the Raspberry Pi will automatically restart or shut down after, also because of the problem caused by the 18650 battery.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Website Editor

Credits
Post time 2019-12-26 14:43:53 | Show all posts
It may be the problem of the batteries.
Please note the 18650 battery specification: It is recommended to use lithium battery above 3000mAh and without overcurrent protection. The power supply current requirement is above 3A. Using 18650 lithium battery with overcurrent protection function, 18650 battery whose capacity is less than 1700mAh, 18650 battery specially for strong-light flashlight, 18650 battery with power shortage or counterfeit lithium battery produced by informal manufacturers will cause the unstable work of the robot,power cut and even damage to the Raspberry Pi and robot.
The robot can be turned on normally,but the Raspberry Pi will automatically restart or shut down after, also because of the problem caused by the 18650 battery.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-31 16:48:26 | Show all posts
This has now been resolved and the robot is working fine now.

It seems that the problem really has got to do with the batteries, I am using 18650, 3200mAh, 3,7A and without overcurrent protection, which should be fine.

They came in a pack of 4 and when I use the other 2 the robot works fine with no issues whatsoever but when I use the ones I had been using up until now the robot has the same issues as before. Recharging the batteries has no effect.

I guess I will have to get better batteries.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-10-16 17:14:29 | Show all posts
Hello,i m currently having the same problem. May i know what type of batteries you use now, I m currently using 2 vtc6 battery and still cant move all the 12 motors of the robot

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules