View: 2108|Reply: 4

Rasptank-software install success!-hardware install need help

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-1-11 20:31:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
Software install was not easy--but I think I'm at least 90% there.

Kept having issues with the setup.py not being able to find various components it needed.
Solution:
1) Installed latest full version of Raspian
2) Connected monitor keyboard mouse to complete setup (instructions to make wpa supplicant and files did not work)
3) sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade (the problem is missing components and I have a bigger SD card than I need so I figure extra software I don't need isn't a problem. Loading it up with as many libraries etc. as I can find)
3) Ran setup.py directly on the Pi (I was already connected)
4) Manually ran server.py directly on the PI
5) Scrolled up through terminal looking for errors. The errors I got said it could not find various components.
6) Googled "how to install XXXX on Raspberry Pi.
7) install XXXX using apt or pip
8) repeat step 4-7 until there are no errors. server.py seems to stop when it encounters an error, so if you have more than one, you can only find one at a time.

I got SSH working during my initial setup, and switched to Putty at one point so I could copy/paste commands.

I did about a million clean installs before I figured out a process. I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem like it was the same components each time that caused the problem.
OpenCV was a consistent PITA, on my final successful install I actually installed OpenCV BEFORE running setup.py.

Windows client now connects to the Rasptank and accepts commands.

Hardware issues:
1) Servos installed in the incorrect order. I'm sure I can figure out which servo goes into which port through trial and error, but does anyone know the right order and can save me the trouble?
2) No video. Could be a software problem, but I'm about 50/50 I just installed the ribbon cable upside down on either the pi or the camera. Gonna check that first. Requires quite a bit of disassembly to get that far though.
3) Cable management is really difficult. Anyone have any good tricks for cramming those cables into the tank?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Website Editor

Credits
Post time 2020-1-13 17:59:57 | Show all posts
1, On page 41 and page 42 of the manual, the wiring sequence of the servo is mentioned.
2, Is the cable connected to the camera reversed? Check if the golden finger on the connection points correctly. If you are sure there is no problem with the camera installation, maybe you don't have opencv, zmq or pybase64 installed on your PC. Installation is mentioned on page 60 of the manual.
3, After the wire is connected step by step, the problem of the wire can be eliminated. You won't be bothered.
Here is the installation video of the product, hope it can help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5XtwkSiPO4

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-2-21 06:15:25 | Show all posts
Speaking of desktop applications. Do you guys know any good alert desktop apps? Thank you in advance!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-2-21 06:18:38 | Show all posts
Hey! For a long time, my team and I have been trying to find such an application that could make all the work of employees and team leader easier. It took 2 weeks to search, but in the end we found what we were looking for here
Yes, this is a common desk-alert application, but it is incredibly useful and effective when used correctly. I advise you to try it yourself!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-3-7 21:55:19 | Show all posts
Our core objective is to supply both generic and brand medications at the most reasonable prices on the market. Please visit our intuitive platform today and place your orders conveniently.https://www.trusthealthshop.com/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules