View: 1446|Reply: 4

DarkPaw all LEDs red

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2020-1-26 06:51:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
I've just assembled my DarkPaw, installed all the software, connected all the wires like in the PDF shown, switched it on, saw it sorting its legs (exitement!), waitet for the blue light ... and got only red lights. Lots of them. Very bright.

It is controllable through the software, but only in parts. It moves, it goes up and down, I can see the image of the picam.
What it CANNOT do:
- turn left or right
- show any status if the Pi (temp, etc)
- change colors
- switch the front LED on
- tracking of any kind, if that's in the code

Triple checked all the wires. Same.

Running on a Pi 3B 1GB, 32GB SD-Card, german keyboard and language settings. I'm using the latest client/server code from Github.

Any ideas?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-5 06:41:36 | Show all posts
I have the same problems and Adeppt wont address them or even give a solution. All they do is direct you to the awful instructions that comes with it. I think they dont know how to make it work either. I don't think I will ever buy another robot from Adeept again. Total lack of any useful support.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-11 12:13:47 | Show all posts
I have just assembled yesterday, and it works well for me.
However, as you said, there is no status information, and all LED is red.
Even though the color of LED is read, it works well.
When I take a look at the source code, there is slight bug on the wifi_check() in the server.py.
However, it does not effect on the motion of the darkpaw, and it just only affects on the color of LED.

Other bugs related on controlling of LED colors needs to be investigated further.

In the case of your problem on turning left/right, you may need to check cabling and loosen the joint.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-2-14 05:37:49 | Show all posts
I've solved the red light problem. Turns out, the code in server.py preventet it from turning blue. A break a little too early.
The front LED is working. Though it's a sad dim blue light (more of a glow).
The most recent client is the GUI.py . It has a line follow feature and some things that don't work yet.
The turning left and right can't work because it's sending a command the server does not recognize.

The software is (still) a work in progress and - to be frank - a bit of a mess. Almost no error handling. Most of it is taken from the AdeeptCar. Looks like another company took over the development 4 weeks ago but still no progress.
If you mix the code from the tutorials and from Github you might get a decent working Darkpaw, but I doubt that somehow.

I knew there would be a lot of learning and programming, but I thought that would be from a working codebase. Big disappointment on my side.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-2-7 17:35:05 | Show all posts
1578178056 replied at 2020-2-5 06:41 AM
I have the same problems and Adeppt wont address them or even give a solution. All they do is direct ...

Please provide us with a detailed problem report (including product model, problem picture, etc.): support@adeept.com

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules