View: 739|Reply: 1

picar-b over-steer?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-8-5 22:51:31 | Show all posts |Read mode
hi!

after much messing around my son and i have managed to get the robot working and controlable via web-portal!

however, when we steer in either direction the robot stops.

if i repeatedly tap the direction it is ok, but this is far from ideal and makes actual use impossible.

i'm wondering if limiting the range of the steering would solve this, and we've been trying to achieve this in the code but are total novices in linux/python.

we don't know which file let alone which line to edit!

i tried editing RPIservo.py, changing pwm min and max values but this made the servo act very strangely, making horrible noises!

what can we do to make it possible to steer the robot? we want to move on to line-tracking and object avoidance but until manual control works properly this seems like a bad idea!

thanks for any help you can offer

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2020-8-21 16:12:45 | Show all posts
Can picar-b be able to move forward or backward normally (for example, is the route of the car straight?)
If the path of the car is not in a straight line, please re-install the servo (Servo).
Before installing the servo, first connect the servo to the configured Raspberry Pi and Motor HAT, and supply power to the Raspberry Pi (the Raspberry Pi needs to be configured with the code we provide), at this time the servo will automatically determine the initial position;
Determine the initial position of the servo, and then install the servo. (Please refer to the tutorial for specific steps)

If you confirm that the above steps have been completed, but there is still a problem with the car, please provide a video when the car has a problem

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules