View: 922|Reply: 6

Rattling head Mars Rover PiCar-B

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-16 06:18:28 | Show all posts |Read mode
I built the Mars Rover PiCar-B and the problem is that the sensor head (the big head with the Ultrasound and camera) starts to rattle around as soon as it moves, only holding it or moving to the end of the servo movement stops it. It's like the servos can't hold it in position, it also makes the impression it is not very stable on top on that one tiny servo, which seems to be overwhelmed with it.
Has anybody the same experience or found a solution?
I will try with stronger digital servos with a metal gear, but don't know if this will be successful.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-12-17 04:47:44 | Show all posts
I've now bought myself upgraded servos, or better said "suitable servos". The servos in the box seem to be either fake Tower Pro, or absolutely overwhelmed with this robot car.
I've tested the servos with a servo tester, one was already broken and probably caused more pain for the other one in the head. If I wouldn't love to build those things, I would be super angry about such a low quality, or let's say unfit for purpose part in this kit, because I had a lot more hours to make it work! The new servos are from the same manufacturer "Tower Pro" but the model is the MG90D, with a lot more power and digital, so very precise: https://www.towerpro.com.tw/product/mg90d-robot-servo/
I paid £7 per servo, so that was an extra £21, but now I can have a calm mind and work properly with this robot car. If other models are equipped with the same low quality, I would think twice before I buy, and if only with a discount so I can pay for the other servos.
Hope this helps others!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-1-4 17:50:29 | Show all posts
just to be sure: upgrading servos to mg90d fixed rattling head issue ?
no problems with physical fitting of new servo ?

thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-2-5 13:53:25 | Show all posts
very sorry!Please provide us with a detailed report (including product model, error report, pictures, etc.): support@adeept.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-2-5 13:54:31 | Show all posts
1570365302 replied at 2021-1-4 05:50 PM
just to be sure: upgrading servos to mg90d fixed rattling head issue ?
no problems with physical fit ...

Please provide us with a detailed report (including product model, error report, pictures, etc.): support@adeept.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-2-19 11:04:24 | Show all posts
1608070139 replied at 2020-12-17 04:47 AM
I've now bought myself upgraded servos, or better said "suitable servos". The servos in the box seem ...

Hello,

We upgraded this product to V3.0 version about half a month ago. The new version of the kit uses custom metal gear servo motors, and we have also optimized its mechanical structure.

Adeept is always listening to customers' suggestions and always optimizing products.

Best!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-7-28 00:15:05 | Show all posts
Adeept replied at 2021-2-19 11:04 AM
Hello,

We upgraded this product to V3.0 version about half a month ago. The new version of the ki ...

can you point me to this v3? I can not seem to find it anywhere.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules