View: 1050|Reply: 4

DarkPaw Camera Issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-1-6 07:34:09 | Show all posts |Read mode
I am getting the following error message output only when i have the Robot HAT connected to the GP I/O

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ raspivid -o test.h264 -t 25000
mmal: mmal_vc_component_enable: failed to enable component: ENOSPC
mmal: camera component couldn't be enabled
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Failed to run camera app. Please check for firmware updates

If I disconnect the robot HAT the Camera functions as expected, the same issue when running raspistill -o image.jpg.

TrekkerNI

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-2-5 11:11:48 | Show all posts
The raspistill -o image.jpg command is the camera function of the Raspberry Pi. If there is an error in the operation, please check whether the camera is connected correctly or whether the camera can be used normally. Note, please do not plug or unplug the camera when the power is on.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-3-24 17:28:47 | Show all posts
Hi,
I am facing the same issue and after a long time spent on Google search, it appears that's a serious issue for many users. Could you please let us know how to fix it please?
Thanks,
Alice

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-4-20 06:03:44 | Show all posts
Hi am also struggling to get the camera to work, I have even ordered different cords and another raspberry camera. The same version as the one provided. Should I not be updating the raspberry pi os before following the guide?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2022-5-5 17:12:47 | Show all posts
Test camera functionality.
In the Raspberry Pi enter:
”sudo killall python3“ (close the auto-run program, this program will occupy the camera)
”raspistill -t 1000 -o image.jpg“ (Raspberry Pi comes with camera function)
If the camera is installed correctly, the program will not error, and after running the command "ls", an image file of image.jpg will appear
If an error occurs, it means that the camera is not installed correctly or the camera is faulty. Please check that the camera is installed correctly until this command can run successfully.

The camera is installed correctly:
The metal surface of the camera cable is in contact with the metal surface of the camera.
The metal surface of the camera cable is in contact with the metal surface of the camera interface of the Raspberry Pi.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules