View: 653|Reply: 3

Rasptank-super rookie question

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-1-25 00:32:56 | Show all posts |Read mode
My son and I are building the rasptank.  Early stages.  We've put the raspberry pi and the motor hat together.  Followed all the steps: have charged 3.7v batteries inserted properly, plugged snuggly into the power port, switch on and there's no lights.  It is not showing up on the network scan either (just in case power was on but lights were down). Soooooo... how do I start troubleshooting?  My battery tester is only for reg batteries but the charger shows that they are fully charged.  
Any ideas?
Thank you,
OwensMum

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-1-25 02:47:54 | Show all posts
Hi Mam,

I am also new here.  Just built a mars rover.
This one works probably about the same.
You can try the following:

The batteries should connect to the connector on the Motor HAT that says Vin (Volt in).  and the switch on the Motor HAT must be set to ON.

You can also try to set the switch on the Motor HAT to OFF and connect the power adapter from the raspberry directly to the raspberry.

If the raspberry still doesn’t boot up,  take the raspberry out..  connect it to a screen (and keyboard and mouse).  When you connect the power adapter it should boot up from the SD card.  If it doesn’t you can check the software on the SD card.

I  hope it helps to make a first step.
Greetings Raoul.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-1-25 04:57:47 | Show all posts
Raoul replied at 2021-1-25 02:47 AM
Hi Mam,

I am also new here.  Just built a mars rover.

Thanks.  I'll give this a try.  The Raspberry does power up.  The motorhat does not. I'll check to see if I have the start up correct on the disc.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-2-4 18:06:39 | Show all posts
Has the problem you encountered has been resolved?Please send us a detailed description of the problem you encountered by email (including which product you bought, description of the problem, and picture provided): support@adeept.com

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules