View: 3823|Reply: 13

Issues with the car

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-8-12 21:26:04 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I have some issues with the kit. I followed all the steps from the guide but unfortunately  I am not able to make the car work.
When I switch on the car, both servos move to the left. The leds light up for few milliseconds. Then I switch on the remote, use any button, but nothing happens. I checked the circuit connections many times, It seems to be ok.

I uploaded the code on both cards using Arduino IDE 1.8.5 on ubuntu 18.04
I had to pick to the old bootloader for the Nano card. It didn't work with the new one. No upload problem with the Uno card

Could you please provide me any hints to debug the problem ? How can I ensure that the code is properly uploaded ?

car.JPG
remote.JPG

Thanks for your help.
Nicolas

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-8-15 19:18:41 | Show all posts
Hello,

Please remove the Nano board from the Remote Controller Shield, then upload the program to nano. If the problem is still not resolved, please contact us again.

Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2018-8-16 09:58:41 | Show all posts
Hello, Nicolas!
Check my post in the other thread at http://www.adeept.com/forum/foru ... pid=109&fromuid=276

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-8-16 14:29:52 | Show all posts
NANO board should download this code AdeeptRemoteControl.ino,
should not download  bootloader

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-8-19 22:13:26 | Show all posts
Thanks for your responses guys!

I loaded the code on the Nano board without the Remote Controller Shield -> no effect

I switched from Arduino IDE to Arduino Creator. I re-uploaded both codes -> no effect

I used mmoraes80 codes -> no effect except that leds are turn on all the time.

I noticed that mmoraes80 Remote Controller Shield is slightly different from mine. Any potential impact ?

Any ideas plz ?

Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-8-20 16:43:50 | Show all posts
Hi
Check if NANO is good. Connect NANO to your computer and see if you can find NANO in the Arduino IDE?
Connect the Arduino Nano the computer. Select Tool -> Board: "Arduino Nano"-> Arduino Nano, and Port ->COM13. COMx is the port number assigned to the Arduino Nano and can be COM1, COM2, COM3...So it depends.

photo

photo

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2018-8-24 01:18:43 | Show all posts
1534078122 replied at 2018-8-19 10:13 PM
Thanks for your responses guys!

I loaded the code on the Nano board without the Remote Controller S ...

Hi,
If you are using Arduino Creator, when selecting the Arduino Nano board, make sure you also select the correct type of bootloader (see attached).

ATMega328Old

ATMega328Old

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2018-9-13 23:08:54 | Show all posts
Nothing works. Contrary to what said in instructions, on the remote control pressing the buttons A, or B, or C the red LED never flashes, remains off. It only lights up for a moment only when the NRF24L01 module is not inserted. I replaced the Arduino Nano but nothing has changed. As for the car, after loading the sketch the two wheels start to turn and do not stop.  When I operate the switch the rgb leds light up the two wheels start to turn and do not stop. I enclose three photos for your convenience. I look forward to your help. Thank you

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2018-9-14 21:05:53 | Show all posts
Checked all the connections. I inserted an insulating sheet between Adeept Motor Shield and Adeept UNO R3 board, I reloaded the sketches and now it works. The only problem that has remained is the servo that controls the front wheels that has a limited movement even with the wheels raised off the ground. 10 degrees to the right and 10 to the left.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-10-29 19:54:08 | Show all posts
1536583925 replied at 2018-9-14 09:05 PM
Checked all the connections. I inserted an insulating sheet between Adeept Motor Shield and Adeept U ...

Hello, I had the same problem but find out that when you begin uploading the software to the Nano, push the reset button on the Nano and hold it, now click the download button in Arduino IDE, quickly release the reset button and check that you have chosen the (Old bootloader), hope this helps.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules