View: 1089|Reply: 2

Adeept AWR 4wd Robot:OSError: [Errno 121] Remote I/O error

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-5-2 04:25:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi

I have purchased the Adeept AWR 4wd Robot. I find the documentation pretty good. I followed the documentation. I have assembled the robot accordingly, but i still get this issue described below.

my issue might be here: However, if the Raspberry Pi camera or Motor HAT is not connected, the `webServer.py` can't run well.It makes sense because the robot's program needs the camera and the chipset PCA9685. Motor HAT controlsservo with PCA9685; the Raspberry Pi communicates with PCA9685 via I2C; so if Motor HAT is not connected toRaspberry Pi, a program error will occur when instantiating dependent libraries for PCA9685 due tocommunication failure. But I have assembled the robot full.

I am getting the following the following error attached in the screenshot. just to be sure I am also pasting the error code to the thread. I have assembled the robot full and i have enabled the I2C. It would be great if some one can help me here.

pi@raspberrypi:~/adeept_awr $ /usr/bin/python3 /home/pi/adeept_awr/server/server.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/adeept_awr/server/server.py", line 18, in <module>
    import FPV
  File "/home/pi/adeept_awr/server/FPV.py", line 21, in <module>
    import servo
  File "/home/pi/adeept_awr/server/servo.py", line 21, in <module>
    pwm = Adafruit_PCA9685.PCA9685()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/Adafruit_PCA9685/PCA9685.py", line 75, in __init__
    self.set_all_pwm(0, 0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/Adafruit_PCA9685/PCA9685.py", line 111, in set_all_pwm
    self._device.write8(ALL_LED_ON_L, on & 0xFF)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/Adafruit_GPIO/I2C.py", line 114, in write8
    self._bus.write_byte_data(self._address, register, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/Adafruit_PureIO/smbus.py", line 322, in write_byte_data
    self._device.write(data)
OSError: [Errno 121] Remote I/O error

Best Regards.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-6-5 14:54:57 | Show all posts
Hello 1619899089, could you solve the problem? I'm facing the same issue. Best Regards Goepp

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2022-8-12 11:25:18 | Show all posts
Please check if the I2C address is normal.
Enter in the Raspberry Pi: i2cdetect -y 1
In general, addresses such as "40, 70" can be seen in the result of the instruction running. (The leftmost 00~70 are not counted)
If "40, 70" is not displayed, it may be because the HAT is not installed correctly, or the HAT is faulty.

image.png

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules