View: 1417|Reply: 1

Help needed with Arduino smart car

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-12-2 05:32:34 | Show all posts |Read mode
I recently bought the Smart Car Kit, and I have been having issues with it that I urgently need help with. I have assembled the car and put the wiring in all of the correct places. I have emailed support@adeept.com in the meantime but I don't know how long they will take to respond and I really need help ASAP.

When I put the batteries in, the servos immediately start moving to the left and stay left, regardless of the mode the controller is on (I don't think the controller is controlling it anyway). Then when I put the motor shield's ON/OFF button ON, the motor of the right wheel starts spinning and the motor of the left wheel doesn't move.

The remote controller doesn't control the car at all and the LED 1 doesn't blink when changing modes.

The LEDs on the front of the car do not light up - however, when I slightly insert the motor shield into the Arduino Uno, they glow for a second, then stop once I fully place the motor shield into the Uno.

I uploaded the code given in the pdf manual. I also checked the code was properly uploaded by using the Blink program.

Please could I have some suggestions how to fix these problems? I have checked the wires go into the correct pins multiple times but I can't fix these problems and I need to fix these urgently.

Also, initially I could not upload the code as the USB port would not show in the IDE. But when I took the motor shield off the USB port appeared. So I think there may be a problem occurring when the motor shield attaches to the Arduino Uno.

But I am new to electronics so I do not know what to do. Please can I have some assistance as soon as possible.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-12-2 15:08:41 | Show all posts
Hello,

First, please double check to make sure the circuit connection is correct.

2nd, it is likely that the contact between the driver board and UNO R3 is poor. Please remove the driver board, adjust the pins, and then reinsert the UNO board.

Please refer to these blogs:

http://www.adeept.com/Blog/?p=86
http://www.adeept.com/Blog/?p=171

thanks!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules