View: 1196|Reply: 1

Raspberry Pi Car Pro Camera fails when HAT is connected

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-1-3 13:57:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by 1641187553 at 2022-1-3 02:04 PM

Edit: I am sorry, I put this under the wrong fourm catagory. Can a moderator please move it under Pi Car Pro?

Hello,

I am working with the Raspberry Pi Car Pro with the Raspberry Pi 4. I am very new to any of this and getting this camera to work has been the last 6 hours of trouble shooting and I think I have narrowed down the issue.

I followed the setup instructions and burned the custom adeept pi car pro image as the OS found (Method 1) at: https://www.adeept.com/video/sta ... %20image%20file.pdf

The issue we have is that the camera does not work when the HAT is interacing with the Pi.

Setup: Only camera is conencted to Pi as per 3.9. We haven't configured the rest of the car yet, just testing the camera for now.

If the images below do not load, here is a link: https://imgur.com/gallery/kgAAKKe

When I have the Raspberry Pi not connected to the Robot HAT:

Running: raspistill -o Desktop/img3.jpg
Output: Successfully captures a input a image

Running: sudo python3 adeept_picarpro/server/webServer.py
Ouputs: Long error message followed by -  OSError: [Errno 121] Remote I/O Error

When I conenct the HAT to the Pi

Running: raspistill -o Desktop/img4.jpg
Output: 4 errors messages including - mmal_vc_component_enable: failed to enable component: ENOSPC

Running: sudo python3 adeept_picarpro/server/webServer.py
Output: Long error message including - VIDEOIO ERROR: V4L2: Pixel format of incoming image is unsupported by OpenCv

Any ideas of why this could be happening? Does OpenCv need a update?

We fixed previous errors with the camera not working at all due to the Pi camera lense connector not being seated correctly. Now that we fixed that, it only errors when attempting to connect the HAT.

On a side note, connecting the HAT and attemping to connect remotely using <IP ADDRESS>:5000 causes a "could not be reached error" on Google chrome. Could this be linked to the errors above? Output computer and Pi are both wireless connected to the same router. This could be a seperate thread though.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2023-4-8 13:42:04 | Show all posts
The Raspberry Pi will automatically run the program webServer.py when it is turned on. The webServer.py program will occupy the camera. If you run the program related to the camera again, the program will report an error. When you need to run the program manually, you need to stop the automatic running program.
1. Enter in the Raspberry Pi command line:
sudo killall python3 (stop autorun program)
2. Enter the Raspberry Pi camera command: "raspistill -t 1000 -o image.jpg", under normal circumstances, the Raspberry Pi will take a photo named image.jpg, which can be viewed by entering "ls". If an error is reported, please check whether the camera is installed correctly until the command can run successfully. Or the camera is damaged.
Note: When plugging and unplugging the camera cable, the Raspberry Pi needs to be powered off, otherwise the camera may be damaged. (The camera is installed on the CSI interface in the middle of the Raspberry Pi.)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules