View: 804|Reply: 3

Help with the tiny screws and nuts?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-1-8 13:42:31 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have large and shaky hands so I'm having trouble with some of the tiny parts on my Rasptank.  Like the servos - the M2*10 screw and the M2 nut for example.  Or attaching the A02 to the A17 with the M3*12 screw and the M3 nut.  (I'm also really new to this sort of thing, so let me know if I'm not describing this stuff right.)

Even when I get the parts together I can't tighten them enough.  Some pieces just seem to stay loose and fall off periodically.  

Can anyone recommend any tools or methods that might help?  Especially tools that might help me with other projects like this.  

I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun with this thing (I'm learning a lot too) and I want to try more of them...I just can't seem to get past my stupid clumsy hands.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2022-4-29 19:56:44 | Show all posts
Take a look at Micro Mark Catalog under tools  https://www.micromark.com/

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2022-5-5 17:08:01 | Show all posts
You can try to use tools such as tweezers/small pieces of wood/(flat, narrow, long) to place under the acrylic where the screws need to be installed, and then put the nut into the hole, with this tool the nut will not fall out of the hole, then Tighten the screws.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2022-5-8 16:00:16 | Show all posts
This is what i use

for small scews

for small scews

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules