View: 709|Reply: 3

Rasptank - Raspberry rebooting after some time.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-8-16 21:38:55 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

I am a beginner in robotics though I majored in a STEM discipline.

I built the rasptank kit with a raspberry 4. When I turn it on the raspberry works at first but reboots after 1 min approx and then keeps on rebooting. Did someone have the same issue?

The problem is probably not related to the power supply as it happens with the power supply in the rasptank kit or a cable power supply that came with the raspberry.

Initially, I tried to connect the raspberry only with the camera and the other motherboard in the kit, and it did not have this problem.

Could it be that its just too hot and with the robot built it gets even hotter inside?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-8-16 22:56:45 | Show all posts
Edited by 1660254632 at 2022-8-17 12:22 AM

Update - If I disconnect all the cables from the robot and only run raspberry + camera + the other motherboard it does not constantly reboot - It might be related to the power supply after all.

Update 2 - Again, if I connect all the cables from the robot to the motorHAT board and run it again connected to either the batteries provided in the pack or home power it just rebots time after time.

Any idea? I'm desperate, not sure how to solve this.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-11 10:56:20 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I am also having the same issue.  It's hard to tell if it's just the WLAN0 cutting out or the system rebooting for me.  Have you had any luck?  I just built this and am starting to tackle this problem myself.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-12-1 10:01:56 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Update:   the kit does not come with enough batteries..  it needs 3.5-4 amps for a raspberry pi 4b.  I used 4 batteries total. Series and parallel  connections to get 4 amps and no more rebooting.  It even says in the instructions that 2 amps they give you is not enough.  now to fix all the other glitches.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules