View: 841|Reply: 3

Camera image frozen after starting webServer.py (on Pi car rover)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-9-15 06:22:50 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

TLDR - when I start the webServer.py, the camera image in the Web Controller is frozen.

I recently assembled and configured the Pi Mars Rover.
Following the tutorials, I arrived at the point where the camera is setup and is supposed to send an image stream to the web page hosted by the Raspberry Pi: "Lesson 11 Transmit Image in Real Time"

When I follow instructions in section "11.2 Transmitting via Flask-Video-Streaming", and run app.py from folder flask-video-streaming, then I can see live images when I call the PI IP's address from a browser.

Then, going to section "11.5 Real-time video display on the web page", I try to have live images on the web controller.

But when webServer.py is started, I can only see the first image, then the camera images are frozen. The shell gives this feedback (see attached image).

I am confused about the reason why live images are not transmitted.
The camera is correctly powered (red LED on), and each time I re-run webServer.py, there is a new image taken by the camera, but only one.

I guess I am not sure what should contain the files "app.py", "base_camera.py" and "camera_opencv.py" that are in the folder adeept_picar-b/server. Should they be modified or stay as they are when the repo is cloned?

Thanks a lot for reading,
Francesco

Capture.PNG

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-9-19 03:58:08 | Show all posts
Hi,

try another browser. It doesn't work with firefox, for me edge workes fine.
I think that's mentioned somewhere in the manual also.

BR

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-8-17 11:46:05 | Show all posts
When I launch webServer.py, I only get to view the first picture before the feed from the cameras freezes completely. This is the kind of response you get from the shell (see picture). dordle

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-9-22 16:43:34 | Show all posts
The advent of virtual reality and augmented spacebar clicker reality has opened up exciting possibilities for even more immersive gaming experiences.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules