Robot arm crashing raspberry PI due to servos not working

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-5-11 00:46:44 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by 1683736596 at 2023-5-11 01:13 AM

Hey!
I'm currently trying to setup the robotic arm using a raspberry pi, but after testing the servo that seem to work and building the arm, it never moves.
I ended up modifying the servo.py file to test all of them, because any of the other examples instantly crashed the raspberry pi.
I think it is due to the servo that I later discovered cannot cover the full range they are supposed to. They get stuck very often, and keep trying to go to their position, but they don't move. After a phew seconds, they get hot enough to nearly burn me, and the raspberry crashes at the same time.
To try and fix that, I have removed the servo from the rest of the arm and tested them one by one, and they all get stuck. Some have ~100° of max rotation, but most now get stuck at nearly 5°.
Is there anything I could do to fix the servos? Can the issue come from somewhere in the code?
Edit : It also seems that for the ones working the best, the torque they apply is still too little to move the arm up (against gravity), did I miss something?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2023-5-11 14:21:17 | Show all posts
Before installing the steering gear, the initial angle of the steering gear needs to be adjusted to the middle position (90 degrees). Before the servo is installed successfully, please do not rotate the servo shaft.
If the servo is damaged, please contact us by email, and providing relevant videos will allow us to know the cause of the problem more accurately.
E-mail: support@adeept.com

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules