View: 1483|Reply: 3

Defective Robot Hat?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-5-26 03:33:13 | Show all posts |Read mode
I bought Adeept PiCar-Pro Raspberry Pi Smart Robot Car Kit from Amazon on May 12th and got it on May 14th. I found out that the Robot Hat included with the car may be defective. One of the motors donesn't run. Switching wires and motors showed that one of the motor ports is bad. Also, one of the LED ports is bad. How can I get a new Robot Hat?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2023-5-26 17:10:52 | Show all posts
1. Among the three interfaces of the LED, the first interface is susceptible to circuit interference and causes the interface to work abnormally. It is recommended to use port2 and port3.

2. Questions about the motor interface. Try running the move.py program below. If still only one motor interface works fine. Please contact us by email, we will resend one to you after verification.
E-mail: support@adeept.com

move.py

3.76 KB, Downloads: 93

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-5-27 02:59:10 | Show all posts
I ran the code that you sent me and both motors work. I think something is wrong with the code that automatically run when I run on the Raspberry and robot hat.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2023-5-30 10:37:38 | Show all posts
Please try to run the adeept_picarpro/server/move.py program in the product folder. Watch to see if both motors turn.
If only one motor is spinning, try downloading the code again.
If both motors are rotating, it may be that the power of the power supply is not enough so that the automatic running program cannot drive the two motors at the same time. Please use a fully charged battery to power the Raspberry Pi.

Steps to re-download the code:
1. Delete or rename the product folder
sudo rm -rf adeept_picarpro (delete)
sudo mv adeept_picarpro adeept_picarpro_bak (rename)

2. Re-download the product code:
sudo clone https://github.com/adeept/adeept_picarpro.git

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules