View: 611|Reply: 6

GUI for Arduino Robot Arm Shutting off Computer

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-7-13 00:02:56 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, I need help getting the robot arm to work. I'm able to control it with the potentiometer just fine, but when I try and use the GUI it does not work.
If the on-off switch is set to off:

It will sometimes work just after I've turned my computer on.
Otherwise, I will get an access denied error, but only after I try and move one of the motors.
Actually connecting the arm through the port seems to work most of the time.
Another weird thing is that the images for the gui don't work.

If the on-off switch is set to on:
The moment i press connect on the gui my computer shuts off.
The robot will still twitch for a bit though.

I've been troubleshooting this for a few days now and could really use some help.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2023-7-13 14:07:11 | Show all posts
Are you using ADA031 product and install ESP8266. If yes, the following steps should help you.
1. Turn the switch to 0 when uploading the program. When using ESP8266 (controlled by GUI) need to flip the switch to 1.
The switch position is "Upload" next to the ESP8266 interface.

2. Please confirm whether the computer is correctly connected to ESP8266WiFi.
3. Please confirm whether the IP address and port number are correct.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-7-13 23:54:01 | Show all posts
Adeept_Devin replied at 2023-7-13 02:07 PM
Are you using ADA031 product and install ESP8266. If yes, the following steps should help you.
1. Tu ...

I don't have ESP8266. Is it something that I needed to control the robot arm wirelessly? As for the on-off switch, I want to make sure we are both talking about the physical on-off switch on the board itself that is labelled with on and off.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2023-7-14 16:33:58 | Show all posts
1. Please make sure that the COMx entered in the GUI interface is consistent with the COMx in the Arduino IDE.
2. Please confirm whether the "block_py.ino" program has been successfully uploaded to the Arduino board.
3. Please try to disconnect the circuit connection of the servo, and use a spare servo to connect to the servo interface on the Arduino board. Or use only one servo on the robot arm to connect to the servo port.
4. Run the GUI program "servosGUI.py", after inputting the correct "COMx", normally another window will prompt "COMx: Succes".
5. Slide the corresponding slide bar in the GUI interface to observe whether the servo rotates.
6. If the servo turns, it means the process is normal. But there is a problem after connecting the servos on all the robotic arms. This may be due to the insufficient power supply of the USB cable, which caused the computer to restart.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-7-17 23:48:32 | Show all posts
I've done all of this. The motors individually have the same problem. I get the COMx:Sucess message but then it shoots an error or turns off the computer once I actually try and move the arm. This depends on whether or not I have the on off switch on the board set to on or not as I mentioned in my first post.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2023-7-18 15:56:05 | Show all posts
1. Please use a fully charged 18650 battery as the power source. (or use other power supply below 12V)
2. If you have another Micro USB cable, please try to use another USB cable as the connection cable between Arduino and computer.
3. If the above can not solve the problem, please contact us by email, we will replace the possibly faulty Arduino board for you. (Please describe the problem again in the email)

E-mail: support@adeept.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2023-7-18 15:56:06 | Show all posts
1. Please use a fully charged 18650 battery as the power source. (or use other power supply below 12V)
2. If you have another Micro USB cable, please try to use another USB cable as the connection cable between Arduino and computer.
3. If the above can not solve the problem, please contact us by email, we will replace the possibly faulty Arduino board for you. (Please describe the problem again in the email)

E-mail: support@adeept.com

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules