View: 1224|Reply: 4

RaspTank vs RaspTank Pro

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-31 08:05:35 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I'm considering getting a robot car with a controllable arm+camera, and these two models seem promising. I'd like to use it in a project to identify and pick up objects.

They look pretty similar... how do they compare? Presumably the "Pro" version is upgraded in some way, but I'm having trouble figuring out the concrete differences. The chassis and arm look a bit different (is it stronger?), and the pro version seems to have an LED screen the regular version doesn't.

RaspTank Pro: https://www.adeept.com/rasptank-pro_p0245.html
RaspTank: https://www.adeept.com/rasptank_p0121.html

Best,
Alex

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-1-5 07:08:01 | Show all posts
PRO has:
- Aluminum chassis
- an oled display
- 4 wheels (rear ones moved by bigger gearmotors, front ones steering with a servo)
- front lights
- raspberry board more accessible

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-1-18 04:47:56 | Show all posts
and the Pro is easier to build I think, so most parts are already connected.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-2-5 10:05:35 | Show all posts
Part of the structure of the RaspTankPro robot uses aluminum alloy, which will be more robust. RasptankPro's robotic arm has a larger grasping range.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-6-21 16:56:21 | Show all posts
What is the most expensive RaspTank or RaspTank Pro? I am still working on this with my son. It's a great little project, however, they don't send any directions and after finding them online they can be a little confusing at times but that's what helps with the challenge I guess. My stop still playing king;s raid builds and play free soccer games, I think RaspTank really is for adults lol.  Anyways, do you guys have a Facebook page that I can join?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules